Subject: Webinar on Hybrid Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
Time: 15th April 2020, 12 PM – 3 PM (UTC +3)
Hosts: Kimmo Bergius & Sami Laiho
Active Directory has been around for 20 years, since the time of Windows 2000, and organizations have utilized Active Directory for both as their primary location for user identities and for management for identities and workstations. Azure Active Directory is a much later technology, and many organizations use AAD for cloud identities.
This webinar will cover both directories and gives an answer on how to utilize them together and how to utilize them securely. The webinar is divided into two parts, the first part will focus on Active Directory and security in AD. The second part will focus on Azure Active Directory, creating a hybrid between AD and Azure AD, and security within the Azure AD environment.
Implementing Proactive Security On-prem and in the Cloud
- Best practices in Securing AD and AAD
- Implementing Baselines
- Implementing Disk Encryption
- Implementing Principle of Least Privilege
- Implementing Whitelisting
- Implementing the Tier-Model
- Implementing Privileged Access Workstations (PAW)
Integrating On-prem AD with Azure AD:
- Requirements for a hybrid environment
- Implementing a hybrid configuration between AD and AAD
- Device authentication and management in a hybrid environment
- Implementing Conditional Access
- External users in Azure AD
- Applications in Azure AD
- Best practices for securing Azure AD
Sami Laiho is one of the world’s leading professionals in the Windows OS, Security and Active Directory. Sami has been working with and teaching OS troubleshooting, management, and security since 1996.
Kimmo Bergius works as the Chief Technology Officer for Sulava Oy, one of the world’s leading partners in Microsoft cloud technologies. Kimmo has more than 25 years of experience with Microsoft technologies and has been working with the Microsoft cloud since 2010.